How To Teach Your Puppy To Give a Paw?
Why would a puppy need to know the ‘Give Paw’ command? To please the owner and family with a friendly gesture? It’s not just that! Knowing the team will make it much easier to wash his paws after a walk or check for injuries. Also, training develops intelligence and teaches teamwork. In this article, we’ll show you how to teach your puppy to give his paws. It’s not difficult at all.
- Tell your puppy to “Sit down!” so he can sit in front of you.
- Command “Give me the paw!”
- Take the puppy’s paw and lift it. Hold it a little bit.
- Praise the dog and give him a treat.
- Put the paw back.
- Repeat the exercise three or four more times.
- Periodically return to the exercise and repeat until it is fully fixed.
The Puppy Is Ready To Learn the “Give Paw” Command at the Age of 3 Months
When your puppy learns to do the right thing, make it a little more difficult. Now teach him how to give paws one at a time. After you’ve done the command and returned the paw, give him a new command: ” Another paw!” Proceed as in the first case. Raise the paw, praise the dog with your voice, and a treat and put the paw back. Repeat the exercise a few times.
The success of the training is a combination of a demanding and friendly attitude. Team training should give your puppy a very positive association. Then the information will be much easier to master!
The Give Your Paw command is quite simple and dogs who are capable of training will learn it very quickly. The main thing is not to forget that repetition is the basis of the teachings. If you’ve perfected a trick and then haven’t repeated it for months, don’t expect your puppy to remember it.
What are your puppy’s favorite tricks? How conscientiously does he do them? How fast does he learn? Share it with us on social media!
- Are a dog owner is happy? Yes you are!
- You didn't like it? What we missed here?