How To Care About Dog’s Eyes?
A healthy dog always has clean eyes. However, a meager amount of secretion is natural, especially for breeds with flat profiles. As the owner, you should pay attention to the condition of your dog’s eyes.
How to wipe your dog’s eyes and how to do it properly?
- 1. Take an eye cleanser: saline or chlorhexidine. Saline removes impurities. But if your eyes tear-off or are irritated, it’s more reliable to use chlorhexidine. It’s harmless and won’t cause your dog any pain.
- 2. Apply it to a cotton swab or sterile cloth. We do not recommend using cotton wool (its fibers will get into the eye) or an untreated cloth (it may contain microbes).
- 3. Gently lock your dog in place. It’s best for two, as not all pets are happy with hygiene treatments. Be natural and don’t make abrupt movements to scare your dog. Praise him, and don’t forget to give him a treat after the manipulation.
- 4. Wipe his eye from the outer corner to the inner corner. Otherwise, dirt may get into the bag under the eyelid, and the hygienic measure will turn into an inflammatory reaction.
- 5. If the eyes come off hard or a foreign object has entered them, flush them out. How to wash the dog’s eyes at home? – Still chlorhexidine or saline. Put the medicine in your dog’s eyes and let the dog blink. Don’t worry: he won’t be hurt. Saline, like chlorhexidine, does not pinch or burn.
If he doesn’t lose any strong secretions or redness during the day, be sure to see a vet.
- Are a dog owner is happy? Yes you are!
- You didn't like it? What we missed here?