Homemade Flea Shampoo for Your Dog: Safe and Natural Recipe
The use of natural hygiene products has become popular in recent years. The reason for this rapid rise lies in the effectiveness and usefulness of such products. If natural grooming is more beneficial for humans, don’t you think that your dog will also be grateful if you make a homemade flea shampoo? All benefits of such a decision and some recipes of DIY flea shampoo for dogs you can read in our article.
Why Is Homemade Flea Shampoo for Dogs Better than Store-Bought Shampoo?
Bathing your dog is not enough protection for fleas and other parasites. You need to use a special shampoo, which most often contains chemicals. It is the presence of chemicals that should be a decisive factor in abandoning the purchase of shampoo and giving preference to a homemade flea bath for dogs. That is how you can choose all the ingredients yourself that are harmless to your pet.
How to Make Flea Shampoo for Dogs?
To make DIY flea shampoo is not difficult as you can think. You just need a desire, some time, and all ingredients according to the recipe. You can find many recipes, but let us introduce you to the most natural flea shampoo for dogs recipe according to the experts of our blog.
The Best Homemade Flea Shampoo for Dogs
One of the best among other homemade flea shampoo is made not only by its natural composition but also by the availability of ingredients for its preparation. Thanks to this recipe, your dog will forget what fleas are for a long time, and will also help prevent their appearance in the future. Do these simple steps and enjoy the result.
- Firstly, you need to decide how much shampoo you want to make. For example, about 500 ml.
- Prepare ingredients such as a few lemons, warm water, and shampoo for the baby. By the way, shampoo for the baby can be replaced with castile soap.
- As you might have guessed, the lemon is not used in its entirety but squeezed into juice.
- Take a bowl in which it will be convenient for you to mix the ingredients.
- Do you remember that we decided to make 500 ml of DIY flea shampoo? Great, then mix 250 ml of lemon juice, 250 ml of warm water, and 125 ml of shampoo for the baby (castile soap).
- Once you’ve stirred everything well, place the finished shampoo in a storage container.
Homemade Flea Soap for Dogs as an Alternative to the Shampoo
If you prefer soap instead of shampoo, you can also do it by yourself. Put some grated oatmeal soap, one tablespoon of vinegar, and a couple of drops of water into your toe. Microwave for 1 minute. Then stir, pour into the mold and let it harden for 24 hours. After that, the soap is ready to use.
REMEMBER! DIY flea baths for dogs should be carried out no more than once a week. Wet your dog and apply some shampoo or soap to its fur. Wait a few minutes and only then wash off. Repeat the procedure a second time if necessary. When your dog is clean, towel dry.
Today we wanted to show you that taking care of your pet naturally is easy. Thank you for staying with us and reading our blog. See you soon!
- Are a dog owner is happy? Yes you are!
- You didn't like it? What we missed here?