Vitamin and Mineral Supplements for Dogs: Check Top List of Them and Consult the Vet
Our four-legged friends need our help. Responsible owners understand that the vitamins that the dog receives during feeding are not always sufficient. Therefore, they are looking for ways to strengthen the pet’s immunity and give it the necessary vitamins and minerals. There are hundreds of supplements for dogs. However, how do you know which ones are the most effective for your dog? It is best to go to a veterinary clinic for an examination. And you can rest assured that vet-recommended dog vitamins are safe and beneficial. Let us tell you about the most popular supplements you may be prescribed.
What Are the Best Vitamins for Dogs?
- Vitamin A improves the condition of the dog’s skin, has beneficial effects on bones, and improves reproductive function. This vitamin is found in carrots and sea fish. If carotene from carrots is not absorbed by the dog’s body at all, then dog owners often dislike marine fish because of their bones. Therefore, the optimal solution here would be the introduction of oil-based vitamin A or regular fish oil into the diet.
- Without B vitamins, normal metabolism would be impossible. Most of them are found in raw meat. But not every owner is ready to feed raw meat to a pet because of the risk of infecting the animal with parasites. It can be obtained from cereals, vegetables, and cheese. But if for some reason, the dog does not receive nutrients from food, they must be given in the form of canine vitamin supplements.
- Vitamin C is responsible for the pet’s immunity. Because the dog practically does not receive ascorbic acid from food, since it does not eat raw vegetables and fruits. In the process of heat treatment, it is completely destroyed. The signs of C-avitaminosis are apathy, lethargy, and poor appetite.
- Vitamin D is responsible for the level of immunity and regulates the exchange of phosphorus and calcium in the dog’s body. In case of deficiency, the puppy may develop rickets at an early age, and adult dogs suffer from osteoporosis. Vitamin D is found in fish oil, cottage cheese, and cheese.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant, the absence of which negatively affects reproductive function and muscle tone. Vitamin E deficiency is rare in veterinary practice, but cereals, eggs, and vegetable oil should be included in the diet to maintain adequate levels.
- A lack of vitamin K in a dog’s body can lead to liver and intestinal disease. Puppies receive the main dose of this substance with mother’s milk during the period of active growth. Veterinarians, with its lack, prescribe dog vitamins and supplements.
The Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplements for Dogs
If your dog does not have health problems and regularly eats balanced food, vitamins may not be needed. But they can help solve various health problems. Unfortunately, the production of vitamins and nutritional supplements for dogs is still not regulated by the FDA. This means that you need to be extra careful when choosing them. However, some requirements Federation has:
- All ingredients must be listed on the label;
- Without harmful ingredients;
- No products from making specific claims.
When choosing pet supplies, you need to be very careful. This is why it is best to consult a veterinarian.
Natural Dog Company Daily Multivitamin
These vitamin supplements for dogs are considered one of the best and contain 35 different vitamins, nutrients, and minerals. When taken daily, your dog would be healthy and energetic, digestion and immune system would be improved. We analyzed what customers think about these vitamins. Many do not need to hide them in food to give to the dog. They are so delicious that the pet eats them itself. They are also prescribed for dogs with allergies.
Pet Parents Tumeric & Curcuma Supplements
If you are looking for natural dog vitamins that are suitable for dogs of all breeds, ages, and sizes, then Curcuma Supplements are for you. They help relieve arthritis pain and improve joint health. All ingredients are rich in nutrients. For example, turmeric and curcumin are anti-inflammatories, while coconut oil can relieve joint pain. These vitamins are often prescribed if your dog had an injury or surgery. However, it is impossible to guess whether your pet would like the taste or not. Therefore, consult your veterinarian in advance on how to give vitamins to your dog.
Pet Naturals of Vermont Daily Multivitamin
Pet Naturals is one of the most affordable organic dog vitamins on the market. They are often recommended during breeding, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. This vitamin contains 11 essential minerals that help balance the immune system and maintain a healthy nervous system. These supplements are also beneficial for older dogs. However, you would need to grind and hide the vitamins in the food, since according to reviews, dogs do not like their taste.
VetriScience Canine Plus Multivitamin
In VetriScience you would find a balanced combination of vitamins and minerals. Sometimes these health supplements for dogs can serve as an alternative to less nutritious foods. Dogs enjoy chicken and fish-flavored supplements. They help with weight control, increased mobility, and energy in the pets.
Pack’s Harmony Supplement
Pack’s Harmony consists of beneficial ones that can help all dogs over 1-year-old to relax. Ingredients can relieve stress, reduce anxiety, and trigger the release of happiness hormones. Sprinkle this supplement on dog food or feed it as a snack. By the way, it is on the list of top dog supplements and does not cause drowsiness. Many owners give it to their pet during stressful situations – a thunderstorm, fireworks, a visit to the veterinarian, etc.
Zesty Paws Multifunctional
Zesty Paws is one of the best-rated dog vitamins. It helps to strengthen joints, heart function, skin health, and immunity. They are rich in various vitamins and nutrients. The taste is often enjoyed by dogs, so it would not be a problem for you to give these supplements every day.
Are you looking for the best vitamins for puppies? VitaPet has been specially formulated for growing and active puppies. They contain all the necessary vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. In addition to helping your puppies develop, they also help improve oral breathing.
The Nutramax Cosequin Joint Supplement Plus
Nutramax is formulated for adult dogs that require additional joint care. It is one of the best dog vitamins. The supplement supports cartilage protection and is easily comminuted in dog food. Owners who gave it to their dogs saw results after just a month of use. About 97% of the reviews are positive. It inspires confidence, doesn’t it?
Natural Dog Company Hip & Joint
Company Hip & Joint are natural supplements for dogs of all ages. They are specially formulated to stimulate the joints of older dogs. Active ingredients reduce inflammation and support joint health. You may not be afraid to give them even to a puppy, because veterinarians approve of the use of these vitamins.
Good vitamins for dogs are not easy to find, but an experienced veterinarian would always be able to find them for your pet. If a neighbor’s dog takes a vitamin complex and has become more energetic, this does not mean that that complex is also suitable for your four-footed friend. So choose carefully. See you on the pages of our blog very soon!
- Are a dog owner is happy? Yes you are!
- You didn't like it? What we missed here?